XII-Textual Grammatical Exercise

TUTORIALevolution

Grammar XII

Do as Directed....Grammar Drills for XII ENG-2017
  • 1) “She was completely blind. Didn’t you notice?” he said. (Narration) 1
  • 2) Leading him down the hall, she opened the front door. (compound sentence)2
  • 3) And then it is done. (negative) 3
  • 4) He rests at ease beneath some pleasant weed. (Noun form of ‘rests’) 4
  • 5) Many of them offered bowls of water to my father. (change the voice) 5
  • 6) The Tsar carried the wounded man into the hut. He laid him on the bed. (Simple)6
  • 7) Charandas: Don’t hold me back, Maharaj. (narration) 7
  • 8) The woman gave the girl detailed instructions. (voice) 8
  • 9) I also remember people visiting our home to offer thanks after being cured. (compound) 9
  • 10) All the answers were different. The Tsar agreed with none. (Complex)10
_____________________________________________________________

  • 11) Your eternal summer will never fade. (affirmative)
  • 12) It has grown Slowly consuming the earth. (the noun form of “Grow”)
  • 13) Queen: Charandas, take pity on me. (narration)
  • 14) It takes much time to kill a tree. Not a simple jab of the knife will do it. (complex)
  • 15) The woman gave detailed instruction as to where to keep her things. (verb)15
  • 16) The hermit rose, stretched out his hand for the spade. (simple)
  • 17) She did not watch her purse which she left behind her on the day-bed. (split)
  • 18) “Eat some more, son,” she said. (narration)
  • 19) The frost has wrought a silence. (voice)
  • 20) She laughed pleasantly. (adj. of ‘Pleasantly)20
    ______________________________________________________________


  • 21) We lived in our ancestral house which was built in the middle of the 19th century. (join into compound)21
  • 22) All the answers were different. The Tsar agreed with none of them. (Join as simple)
  • 23) Not a simple jab of the knife will do it. (make affirmative)23
  • 24) Charandas: He, who steals, Maharaj, is only called a thief. (Narration)
  • 25) The humming insects do not disturb his sleep. (change the voice)25
  • 26) I have endeavoured to understand the fundamental truths which were revealed to me by my father. (simple)
  • 27) I wanted to raise my hand and touch her hair, but she moved away. (Turn into a complex)27
  • 28) They are in trouble. (make negative)
  • 29) She reached down. She picked the boy up by his shirt front. (Complex sentence)29
  • 30) Munim: Please have mercy on me. I made a mistake. (narration)30

    ______________________________________________________________


  • 31) This is not a correct approach at all and should never be followed. (simple sentence)31
  • 32) She was silent. (noun form of “silent”)
  • 33) I didn’t know anyone else was there. (turn into affirmative)3
  • 34) The Tsar and the hermit unfastened the man’s clothing. There was a large wound in the stomach. (single sentence)
  • 35) The bleeding bark will heal. (make Interrogative)35
  • 36) “How answered? What do you mean? Asked the Tsar. (narration)
  • 37) They seemed very anxious about her comfort. (noun form of ‘anxious’)37
  • 38) There was a very old mosque in our locality where my father would take me for evening prayers. (split)
  • 39) Was I bothering you? (voice)39
  • 40) I will serve you as your most faithful slave. (positive degree)40

    ______________________________________________________________


  • 41) I would teach you right from wrong. (turn into negative)
  • 42) Guru said, “Live like a man, my son!” (narration)
  • 43) She would forget our brief encounter. (voice)
  • 44) I answered. I was quite confident. (adverb form of “confident”)
  • 45) The Tsar agreed with none of them. (affirmative)
  • 46) The bleeding bark will heal and from close to the ground will raise curled green twigs. (split)
  • 47) Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May. (turn into complex )
  • 48) The poet says, “The humming insects don’t disturb his rest.” (Narration)
  • 49) Was I bothering you? (make assertive)
  • 50) There’s nothing greater than the truth. (superlative degree)50

    ______________________________________________________________

  • 51) They called their good-byes and the train pulled out of the station. (simple sentence)
  • 52) She was completely blind. (noun form of ‘blind’)
  • 53) I wished to kill you. You have saved my life. (compound sentence)
  • 54) You have an interesting face. (make it negative)
  • 55) Learned men came to the Tsar. They all answered his questions differently. (simple)
  • 56) I was totally convinced that they reached God. (change the voice)
  • 57) I’ll never tell a lie. (use verb form of ‘tell’)
  • 58) The guard blew his whistle and we moved off. (complex sentence)
  • 59) Guru: God bless the queen! God bless the queen. (narration)
  • 60) Few girls can resist flattery. (voice)60
  • __________________________________________________________________

  • 61) My father had not much formal education. He had not much wealth. (join)
  • 62) He took a vow a right away. (use the verb form of ‘Vow’)
  • 63) She bent down enough to permit him to stop. (make it complex)
  • 64) The bleeding bark will heal. (split)
  • 65) Woman: What’s the matter, bhaiya? (narration)
  • 66) The hermit lived in a wood which he never quitted. (voice)
  • 67) I was totally blind. My eyes were sensitive to light and darkness. (single)
  • 68) There was nothing mysterious about the prayers. (Noun form)
  • 69) Thou art more lovely and more temperate than summer. (positive degree)
  • 70) She had a large purse that had everything in it. (exclamatory sentence)70

  • ___________________________________________________________
  • 71) She said, looking out into the street, “Good night! Behave yourself, boy!” (narration)
  • 72) The havaldar starts beating up the drunkard. (use a infinitive)
  • 73) Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? (turn into assertive)
  • 74) A soldier, very young, lies open-mouthed. (complex sentence)
  • 75) One must draw up in advance, a table of days, months and years. (voice)
  • 76) The engine’s whistle shirked, the carriage wheels changed their sound and
  • rhythm. (split)
  • 77) Gambler: Gurudev, the only kind of gambling I indulge in is cards. (Narration)
  • 78) One of the most vivid memories of my early childhood is of the two men. (positive Degree)
  • 79) The water dripping from his face, the boy looked at her. (split)
  • 80) You have an interesting face. (explanatory) 80
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • 81) The Tsar did not give him the spade. He continued to dig. (Complex sent.)
  • 82) Hack and Chap. (voice)
  • 83) The girl said, “Oh, how lucky you are.” (narration)
  • 84) My mother lineage was more distinguished than my father’s. (degree of comparison)
  • 85) There was another pause. The boy’s mouth opened. (Join into simple)
  • 86) Why don’t you say this to the people who come to you for help and advice. (split)
  • 87) It takes much time to kill a tree. (voice)
  • 88) What a tyrant! (assertive)
  • 89) I wondered if I would be able to prevent her from discovering that I was
  • blind. (Make it simple sent.)
  • 90) The humming insects do not disturb his sleep. (affirmative) 90
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • 91) Not a simple jab of the knife will do it. (voice)
  • 92) The humming insects do not disturb his sleep. (affirmative)
  • 93) I wanted to raise my hand and touch her hair, but she moved a (simple)
  • 94) The bleeding bark will heal. (make negative)
  • 95) There’s nothing greater than the truth. (turn into positive degree)
  • 96) I’ll never tell a lie. (affirmative)
  • 97) The hermit lived in a wood which he never quitted. (affirmative)
  • 98) I didn’t know anyone else was there. (voice)
  • 99) Oh, how lucky you are! (make assertive)
  • 100) The humming insects don’t disturb his rest. (Noun Form)100
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • 101) I turned from the window and faced the girl. (make simple)
  • 102) “Can you tell me—did she keep her hair long or short?” I said. (narration)
  • 103) My father could convey complex spiritual concepts. (voice)
  • 104) When they finished eating, she got up. (simple)
  • 105) Charandas being renowned thief, it is not easy to catch him. (split)
  • 106) Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? (assertive)
  • 107) Having taken leave of the wounded man, the Tsar went into the porch. (compound)
  • 108) “Why don’t you look out of the window?” she asked. (narration)
  • 109) Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? (voice change)
  • 110) They called their goodbyes. The train pulled out of the station. (Simple)110
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • 111) You make much more than I do. (positive degree)
  • 112) Does anyone who dresses like a minister become a minister? (assertive)
  • 113) Well done! (assertive)
  • 114) The woman said, “Well, I wasn’t going to say that.” (narration)
  • 115) The hermit was digging the ground in front of his hut.
  • (voice)
  • 116) Who can forget you? (assertive)
  • 117) I turned from the window. I faced the girl. (Join into Simple)
  • 118) The Shiva temple, which made Rameshwaram so famous to pilgrims, was about a ten-minute walk from our house. (split)
  • 119) My children haven’t eaten for three days, Malik. They’re half- dead of starvation. (Join in simple sent.)
  • 120) Jainulbdeen said, “Adversity always presents opportunities for introspection.” (narration)120
  • ___________________________________________________________ 121) You have already been answered. (voice)
  • 122) Charandas was honest. He died. (simple)
  • 123) A soldier, very young, lies open-mouthed.(complex)
  • 124) The boy turned around, wondering what next.(split)
  • 125) “I wanted a pair of blue suede shoes,” said the boy.(narration)
  • 126) They called their good byes.(voice)
  • 127) I normally ate with my mother. I sat on the floor of the kitchen.(Join in single sent.)
  • 128) When the Tsar approached, the hermit was digging the ground in front of his hut.(split)
  • 129) I have nothing to forgive you forgive you for.(interrogative)
  • 130) My mother’s linage was more distinguished than my father’s. (degree of comparison)130
  • ______________________________________________________
  • 131) She said, “What is your name?” “Rodger” answered the boy. (narration)
  • 132) When at last the blood ceased flowing, the man asked for something to drink. (Split)
  • 133) This water was then carried home for invalids. (voice)
  • 134) Why don’t you look out of the window? (assertive)
  • 135) A soldier, very young lies open-mouthed. (complex)
  • 136) My father told me there was nothing mysterious about the prayers. (voice)
  • 137) The soldier was dead. He was young. (simple)
  • 138) And he did not want to be mistrusted now. (Remove negative)
  • 139) Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May. (Voice)
  • 140) The Tsar brought fresh water and gave it to him. (interrogative)140
  • 141) The guru said to the smoker, “Now, my son, what’s your vice?” (narration)
  • 142) She thought me a romantic fool. (voice)
  • 143) The Shiva temple, which made Rameshwaram so famous to pilgrims, was about a ten minute walk from our house.
  • (simple)
  • 144) The strap broke with a single tug. The boy gave it behind. (complex)
  • 145) Others declared that it was impossible to decide. (noun form of ‘Declared’)
  • 146) Havaldar: Sadhu Maharaj! Did you see a thief run past? (narration)
  • 147) The world was shut out again. I returned to my berth. (simple)
  • 148) What a large-hearted soul! (assertive)
  • 149) But thy eternal summer shall not fade. (affirmative)
  • 150) All the answers were different. The Tsar agreed with none. (Simple)150



Sujit Chakraborty email:sujit.hallucinate@gmail.com #9851052431 / 9614436757

To be Comming Soon...